Infirmary, Scartho Road, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England

HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Login - User: anonymousLogin    BookmarkBookmark

Tree: The Full Family Tree
Notes: In 1894 a workhouse and infirmary were built at a 10-acre (40,000 m2) site on the west-side of Scartho Road to the south of Grimsby. These new buildings were opened on 9 October 1894 by the Right Honourable J Shaw-Le-Fevre. Following the Local Government Act of 1929, the workhouse came under the control of Grimsby Town Council's Public Assistance Committee and was renamed Scartho Road Institution. After the introduction of the National Health Act in 1948 it became a general hospital. For many years it was known as Grimsby District General Hospital. Following the erection of the new Princess of Wales' hospital to the south of the site, a number of the former workhouse buildings have been demolished or stand empty. Others are still used for administrative or ancillary services.
Address : Latitude: 53.548625571271344, Longitude: -0.09295463562011719


Matches 1 to 1 of 1

   Last Name, Given Name(s)   Died   Person ID   Tree 
1 MARSHALL, William  10 Aug 1945Infirmary, Scartho Road, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England I575 The Full Family Tree